JP&O Ottobock.care’s peer support programs are thoughtfully created to ensure you don’t go through this journey alone. Our Amputee Coalition of America (ACA) Certified Support Visitors and Patient Care Advocates offer encouragement and information from a place, and at a pace, that an individual in this circumstance can better absorb.
Support comes in many forms and can make an incredible difference in recovery and rehabilitation.
JP&O Ottobock.care offers peer support in the form of our:
Who: New and existing patients, anyone contemplating or facing an up-coming amputation, as well as members of the community with limb loss or limb difference and their families may attend RISE Support Groups.
What: A chance to interact with others who have limb loss or limb differences. RISE Support Group leaders are ACA Certified Peer Visitors, Patient Care Advocates and Prosthetists Clinicians.
When: Meeting times vary by location, please see the schedule and locations below to learn what is available in your area.
Where: Meals are provided by JP&O Ottobock.care. See the list below to find a location near you.
Why: No one is in a better position to understand what it’s like to live life with an amputation or supporting someone with a limb loss or limb difference than someone who has been there. An experienced, well-trained peer can offer information and encouragement from a place—and at a pace—that you can absorb.
- Times and Dates TBD
- Please call the Rogers office directly for meeting time and location, as it changes quarterly.
- First Saturday of each month at Noon
- Foodies, 1350 US-62 BUS, Mountain Home
- First Saturday of each month at 4 p.m.
- Western Sizzlin’, 905 Hwy. 62/65 North, Harrison
- Second Tuesday of each month at 5:15 pm
- Sniders BBQ, 1027 Porter Wagoner Blvd., West Plains
Who: Individuals who need an evaluation and recommendation about their prosthetic needs can a consult with a team of highly skilled professionals.
What: Participants receive an evaluation by a team of experts including an orthopedic surgeon, a JP&O Ottobock.care physical therapy support specialist, financial counselor and the clinic coordinator.
When: 4th Tuesday of each month. 9 am to Noon.
Where: In person or via telehealth.
How: To access, get a referral from your physician or call our office to get a recommendation from a JP&O Ottobock.care prosthetist.
Whether you are facing an upcoming amputation or have been an amputee for many years, talking with someone that has personally lived with limb loss can address anxiety, questions, or challenges you may be having. Peer Visitors are available for consultation prior to amputation, during your hospital stay, or afterwards. If you would like to speak to someone in your area, please contact one of JP&O Ottobock.care’s offices.
- Jonesboro Longview: Joe Jessen, Patient Care Advocate
- Mountain Home: Garry Patterson and Joey Nault, Patient Care Advocates
- West Plains: Joey Nault, Patient Care Advocate
- Rogers: Lexie Woodell, ACA Certified Lead Patient Care Advocate
- Harrison: Lexie Woodell, Patient Care Advocate
- Branson: Joey Nault, Patient Care Advocate